Want to help your child’s team with their officiating responsibilities during a tournament? The Delta Region has a special membership for parents of players for only $27.00. With this “Chaperone” membership you can be added to the team roster which will allow you to be court-side to call lines, keep score or even referee. I’m sure the team’s coach would appreciate the help. Just go to deltavolleyball.net to become a member, choosing the Chaperone category. You will need to undergo a background screening every two years at a cost of $17.50, become certified to officiate and you will need to take the FREE SafeSport training course—because we want to keep our young athletes safe. Talk with your team coach for instructions and join USA Volleyball and the Delta Region today!
POSITIVE PARENTING Welcome to USA Volleyball’s parenting resource section. With our Delta Region Volleyball Association and Affiliated Organization partners, there are many links and documents on this page to help you be the best parent you can be in and out of the gym.
Bill of Rights for Parents when joining a club:
I have the right to
- be treated with dignity and respect
- share in the leadership and decision making of your athlete
- approach the leadership of the club organization with which you are involved
- cheer for your child in a positive manner
- verify your coaches/team qualifications
- ask questions and receive answers
- ensure that the adults involved with your child are positive role models
- talk to parents, other players and/or other clubs
- have your child tryout without discrimination
- request a clear disclosure of financial obligations
- have a written clubs statement of philosophy
- be informed about your child’s role on the team
- have your child tryout out for more than one club and be allowed time to make a decision as specified by the tryout policy
- the knowledge of the time, travel and financial commitment of your involvement with the club/team
- knowledge of how many spots are available before tryouts begin
- remove your child from an event/practice if you feel it is unsafe for your child to continue without repercussions
- know that all club affiliated staff are members of the Delta Region and background checked
- ask your club director if they adhere to all State and Federal business requirements and laws
Becoming a Collegiate Athlete – Key answers to questions about eligibility, recruiting, or playing at the collegiate level are found there.
- “Can you believe that guy? He’s so obnoxious to the officials at every match. He yells at scorekeepers if the point isn’t flipped within 2/10 of a second. He questions every line call against his team. He’s obviously never seen a volleyball rule book. I really hate playing this team because of him.”
- “Well, it could be worse.”
- “How’s that?”
- “You could be his daughter.”
- “Which one is she?”
- “I’m pretty sure she’s the player over there with the bright red face.”
- “Good point. I wonder where he got the idea that yelling at coaches & officials was acceptable behavior?”
- “Oh, I think I know…..”
available for printing & posting at your Delta Region sanctioned tournaments & practices
All spectators of privately sanctioned events are granted entry to the facility as a courtesy. Anyone that enters/attends any Delta Region sanctioned Event, must agree to abide by the following Code of Conduct Guidelines:
- I WILL abide by the official rules of USA Volleyball.
- I WILL display good sportsmanship at all times
- I WILL encourage my child and his/her team, regardless of the outcome on the court.
- I WILL educate myself on the unique rules of this facility.
- I WILL honor the rules of the host and the host facility.
- I WILL generate goodwill by being polite and respectful to those around me at this event.
- I WILL direct my child to speak directly with his/her coach when coaching decisions are made that may be confusing or unclear.
- I WILL redirect any negative comments from others to the respective Event Director or Program Administrator.
- I WILL direct all concerns regarding officials to the Head Coach or Club Director for my team/club as opposed to contacting the Head Official directly.
- I WILL immediately notify the Event Director and/or Program Administrator in the event that I witness any illegal activity.
- I WILL support the policies and guidelines of the team/club that I represent.
- I WILL acknowledge effort and good performance, remembering that all of the players in this event are amateur athletes.
- I WILL model exemplary spectator behavior while attending this event.
- I WILL respect the history and tradition of the sport of volleyball by being a good ambassador.
I WILL NOT:
- I WILL NOT harass or intimidate the officials.
- I WILL NOT coach my child from the bleachers and/or sidelines.
- I WILL NOT criticize my child’s coach or his/her teammates.
- I WILL NOT participate in any game or game-like activities unless I have a current membership card with the Delta Region.
- I WILL NOT bring and/or carry any firearms at any Delta Region event.
- I WILL NOT bring, purchase, or consume alcohol at any Youth/Junior volleyball event.
Note: Any violation of this Code of Conduct will result in the individual being asked to leave the site/facility, and may result in them possibly being banned from attending future Delta Region sanctioned events. The Event Director has the final say regarding their individual event. Local law enforcement will be contacted if necessary to resolve any disputes or altercations. Questions or concerns may be directed to the Delta Region office.