2017 Tournament Guidebook how to run a Delta Region-sanctioned tournament
2018 Tournament Application This form is required to be submitted before tournament dates will be guaranteed. Form may be filled in using Acrobat Reader (use select text option) saved on your computer and submitted as an e-mail attachment to email@example.com Tournament sanction fees (explained on the form) must be submitted before official sanction of event.
Rental Agreement Checklist review this before signing a lease agreement on a site to host practices or events
2018 Certificate of Insurance Request Form: If needed, we can generate a certificate for the facility owner to outline your USA Volleyball insurance coverage.Just fill out the form and email to the Delta Region office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Spectator-Parent Code-of-Conduct Recommended to be posted at all events to govern behavior. Club directors may also want to post at team practices.
2018 Incident Report Form If an injury occurs to a player, spectator, parent, official, volunteer or coach, please be certain this document is fully completed and submitted as quickly as possible to the Delta Region office. Mail: 1102 Laurelwood Court, Jonesboro, AR 72401 or Email: email@example.com.
2016-2017 Delta Region Report of Event To be submitted by Tournament Director after event
Score Keeping Materials Score sheets, lineups, libero control sheet.
Concussion Information Concussions can occur in any sport or recreation activity. So, all coaches, parents, and athletes need to learn concussion signs and symptoms and what to do if a concussion occurs.
Need help finding Officials to hire for your event? Contact the Delta Region office or the Delta Region Referee Chair, Keith Hutchison at firstname.lastname@example.org.
RULE MODIFICATIONS FOR THE DELTA REGION
Below are rule modifications that have been developed specifically for Delta Region. Not all regions follow these same rule modifications.
- SAFESPORT REQUIREMENTS! USA Volleyball and the Delta Region are committed to providing a safe and positive environment for its participants’ physical, emotional and social development and ensuring it promotes an environment free from abuse and misconduct. As part of this program, USA Volleyball and the Delta Region have implemented policies that address various types of abuse and misconduct, and certain policies intended to reduce, monitor and govern the areas where potential abuse and misconduct might occur. As part of this commitment, Delta’s Professional Officials are required to complete SafeSport online training prior to working events. The online training course will provide Officials the necessary information to recognize, reduce and report abuse and misconduct. The online course can be found at safesport.org/take-the-training. After completion of the SafeSport course, officials are to forward a copy of their SafeSport Certificate to the Delta Region office.
- 12 AND UNDER COMPETITION Players can use “step-in” (service line is 6’6″ into the court) serving for Delta Region domestic tournaments. Note: This step-in rule is used by domestic club programs in the Delta Region. Other Regions may not allow the step-in rule; it is the decision of each region. Net height is lowered to (7′).
- BOYS PLAYING IN DELTA REGION 13u GIRL’S EVENTS Male athletes are eligible to play in domestic Junior Girl’s competition within the Delta Region in the girls 13-12-11-10-9-8 Age Divisions. Note: This age definition is used by domestic club programs in the Delta Region. Boys or coed teams may participate in the Delta Region Championships but will not be allowed to participate in the Delta Region Bid Qualifier. Other Regions may not accept these waivers; it is the decision of each region.
- PLAYER UNIFORM WAIVER The DCR says “the color and design for the jerseys and shorts must be uniform…” which indicates shorts over spandex would not be allowable. However, for play within the Delta Region, the Delta Region Commissioner can grant exceptions to players who, for religious or modesty reasons, wish to cover up. Players that have been granted a Uniform Waiver have been instructed to carry the Delta Region authorization to all Delta Region events for verification. The shorts will need to be the same color as the team’s spandex. Other Regions may not accept these waivers; it is the decision of each region.
- AGE WAIVER POLICY The Delta Region has the ability to grant age waivers to allow athletes who missed the birthday cut-off date of September 1, to play with their classmates. Age Waivers are only granted to allow players to play with their classmates and not granted for developmental purposes. Age Waivers are only valid within the Delta Region and are not allowed in the Delta Region Bid Qualifier, National Qualifiers, or any USA Volleyball National Events. Younger players who participate in an older division do not need a written age waiver.
DELTA REGION INCLEMENT WEATHER POLICY
In the event of inclement weather, each individual and team must make the decision whether or not to attend a tournament. This decision must be made regardless of whether the tournament director or Region decides to hold the tournament and whether or not other local teams decide to attend. Should inclement weather cause a team to decide not to attend a tournament, the team captain or other team representative must notify the Tournament Director and the Regional Office immediately.
Generally speaking, the Region will make every effort to hold a tournament. The Region will almost NEVER cancel a tournament based on “predicted” weather. The assumption should be made that a tournament will be held, unless you are notified otherwise. If you must contact the tournament director or Region coordinator, please have only the club/team rep contact the office so duplicate inquiries from the same club/team can be avoided.
For inclement weather that strikes the day of a tournament, it is unlikely that a tournament director could contact all teams beforehand, so the tournament will be held for all teams that are able to make it.